Being Accountable
I have a secret fetish.
I like to rub my collar bone.
It’s one of several personal ways I can tell if I have gained or lost
weight. Over the past few weeks, I have
noticed my collar bone has slowly begun to hide from me. That is to say, I’m over eating and not
getting enough exercise.
Of course, I knew this. I (like many of you) sit in the living room with a good snack and a good TV show and eat. At the same time, I tell myself that I have to stop doing this. It’s becoming a pattern. I did this yesterday and the day before and so on. But, I tell myself, “Tomorrow. Tomorrow, I’m going to bike to work and work it out ‘til I am dripping in sweat”. You know how that goes; tomorrow never comes. But, another snack sure sounds good.
Of course, I knew this. I (like many of you) sit in the living room with a good snack and a good TV show and eat. At the same time, I tell myself that I have to stop doing this. It’s becoming a pattern. I did this yesterday and the day before and so on. But, I tell myself, “Tomorrow. Tomorrow, I’m going to bike to work and work it out ‘til I am dripping in sweat”. You know how that goes; tomorrow never comes. But, another snack sure sounds good.
I know, I know.
Y’all are saying. “Don’t be so hard on yourself. We all fluctuate in our weight”. I get that.
But, if I’m not hard on myself, who will be? I’m in the fitness industry. There is a level of expectation that I feel
like I have to meet. Personally, I would
rather take a fitness class from someone that looks fit than someone that doesn’t. The visual effect gives the customer an idea
of what s/he could look like if s/he joined me in working out. See where I’m coming from? So, if I wish to prosper, I have to be hard
on myself.
Before my scheduled Zumba class tonight, I asked the group
if they would be interested in doing the Insanity work out. Several raised their hands and wanted to know
more about it. I had thought about it
but hadn’t hammered out any real ideas or plans yet. CRAP!!!
Talk about being put on the spot.
But alas, I work my best in the heat of the moment. I was honest and just let my thoughts
flow. They liked what they heard. Here’s the pitch.
It’s a 30 minute extremely intense workout. The moment I thought I was going to die is
the moment the workout was over. I was
never so happy. But DAIM, I felt good! I had finally accomplished a whole Insanity
workout. If you feel like you need to
take a break, by all means do so. It’s a
7 day a week deal but I understand we have commitments so 6 days a week should
do it. I also understand that the
economy isn’t recovering as fast as we’d all like. As far as pricing, I will charge something
like $1 a day. I only ask for each person to pay either up front weekly
or for the first of the two months up front.
If I’m going to make this commitment and take the time to be here, I
need to know that people are going to show up.
Knowing that someone is counting on me to unlock the doors
is my motivation. It keeps me
accountable. Plus, it gets me off the
couch and away from the snacking. It’s a
win / win. The only thing left to do is
put it on the schedule. . . along with Pole Fitness and Aerial Yoga. All three are coming in Sept. Keep checking the calendar for the updates.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.