Friday, November 8, 2013

Healthy Fit Group 1st series comes to an end.

Sitting in my small living room as I watch the leaves fall from the trees, I began to think about the day ahead of me.  I took a peek at my schedule, there within lies a secret I had wrote eight weeks ago.  I had excitement bubbling in me and delight gleamed from my eyes as I envisioned today as I wrote down the passage in my calendar.  It simply stated, "Healthy Fit Graduation".  It was surrounded with stars and swirls to impersonate fireworks and the like.  I seen into the future, three people that had walked into La Vida Yoga and Body Works studio and over the eight weeks where mentally and physically transformed into more enlightened and more fit beings with smiles on their sweaty faces.

I've watched them grow in leaps and bounds.  I've watched them stumble, dust off and get up again.  They've carried one another and held the others accountable.  Everything I have envisioned, they've achieved.  But, a tinge of sadness has crept in a little corner of my mind.  As with all good things, an end must come.  With birth comes life, then death.  It's a guarantee!  I'm left wondering, if this first group will adhere to their personal promises to keep up with the 2nd series, the other classes offered or even worked out on a regular basis at home or a gym.  They've done so well.  I would hate to hear that the old disease, I call Laziness has come back and all they've worked so hard for has been undone.

As the story goes. . . With birth come life, then death.  But, only to make room for new life.  With the ending of the 1st series comes the birth of the 2nd, Monday evening in the week to follow.  And with that group comes the bubbling excitement and delight of things to come, like a child waiting for Santa to arrive as s/he lies in bed with eyes sealed tightly shut (with the exception of peeking when noises are heard) on the eve before Christmas morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.