Tuesday, December 31, 2013


  La Vida Yoga and Body Works

Oh, the things we have planned for 2014 and we need YOU (yes, I'm looking at you) to help us out.  Plus, a look back into our funniest, greatest and most memorable moments in 2013.
 

FEATURED CLASS

Good Morning Stretch/Restorative Yoga

This gentle class focuses on relaxation, stillness, breathing and getting the body adjusted for movement that is will be required to do throughout your day, done with gentle stretches and easy bends using chairs, blocks, straps and bolsters for support.   If you're under stress, injured or sore, this class will help restore your mind and body. This class is great for the novice and seniors.  The room is not heated, and no experience is required.  See our schedule for dates and times.

Steaming up the room with HOT YOGA.

Back by popular demand, this class is Sun Salutations and vigorous heat building poses (Asanas) systematically working the entire body while detoxifying the organs and healing the mind, body and soul with vital oxygen and refreshed blood.  Fun, uplifting music will help keep you going.  You will leave this class feeling exhilarated.  All classes end with a brief meditation.  Towel, mat and water are optional.  We have Deer Park mini water for sale .50¢, Deer Park 20 oz or 500ml for $1, and Evian water 500ml for $1.50.
 
Music for Disaster Relief

La Vida Yoga and Body Works along with Pianist Vann Patacxil, production Roy Smith and Dr. Patacxil endlessly finding ways to help the typhoon victims in the Philippines.  We are currently trying to  work with   Linkin Park at www.musicforrelief.org to help send relief.  We are trying to get Vann Patacxil, who is an establish pianist and from the Philippines to head line for  Linkin Park and the other awesome bands that are playing on January 11th, 2014 in Las Angeles, where Vann Patacxil is currently at now.  And, we have the desire to have Vann also play for a benefit concert in the Philippines.   Red Hot Chili Peppers are headlining the 7107 International Music Festival in Clark, Pampanga, Philippines on February 22-23, 2014.  Efforts are still coming in at an extremely slow rate and they have not complained for the little help that they have received.  We don't plan to stop until most, if not all all families have received aid.  Please, purchase tickets or donate your pocket change to this cause.  No paypal account is needed. Simply use email zen2zumba@gmail.com and add Philippines Typhoon relief in the instruction/message field.  100% of all proceeds go to the victims.  All other items / medications / air fare etc. are purchased by us or other concerned people.

:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・ ✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・✿.。.:

A glance back at 2013: April 19th., 2013 I retired from Hall County Sheriff's
Office as a Deputy Sheriff of Uniform Patrol.  I have to send a holler out to my boys and ladies on B watch.

May 20th., 2013 La Vida Yoga and body Works had it's Grand Opening with the White County Chamber of Commerce.   All though we had our ''soft" opening in the beginning of of May 2013.


Shortly after, Gateway Domestic Violence Center called and asked if La Vida Yoga and Body Works would partake in the benefit for domestic violence victim Ginger Tanner, in which three hours of Yoga and Thai Yoga were demonstrated.  All proceeds went to the Ginger Tanner fund.

Within the month, Gateway once again reached out and asked if La Vida Yoga and Body Works would volunteer a yoga class once a month to the victims at Gateway.  With much love, La Vida Yoga accepted.

In Sept of 2013 La Vida Yoga and Body Works incorporated Pole Fitness to our schedule with much success along with Zumba and Thai Yoga which has taken off faster than expected.

Over the past few months, we have expanded our sales of Yoga and Zumba attire and continue to offer free hot tea to our clients after Yoga sessions.

La Vida Yoga and Body Works is proud to partake in to collection of funds for Charles Smithgall Humane Society and is a partner in the Habersham Pit Bull Rescue Foundation, run by Nicole Smith.  La Vida Yoga and Body Works is also a drop off center for animal donations such as dog food, new and used collars, leashes. bowls for food and water,  doggie treats, bedding, fencing, toys, and anything else you would like to donate.  For pick up of bigger items, please call Nicole Smith from the Habersham Pit Bull Rescue Organization at 706 768 0425, or if no answer Lisa Smith at 678 400 7081.  If you know of a Pit Bull that is in a bad situation, please call those numbers as well.  Monetary donations can be made here.  https://fundly.com/pit-bull-rescue  Please make a donation to the Habersham County Pit Bull Rescue Organization.  This group also needs help with obtaining a 501c3.  If you have experience in that, please offer your services.  We say thank you on behalf of many abused and neglected Pit Bulls.  The animal control in this county is a kill shelter and every few Pits leave alive.  This lucky guy was one that beat the odds.



Dasher (because he likes to dash).

La Vida Yoga and Body Works continuing education.

For the month of April 29th, 2014 to June 3rd,  2014 I am very much looking forward to serving one month of selfless service to the Sirvananada Ashran Yoga Retreat to continue my education in humility and humanity jn a work/study program.  I then plan to work on my E-RYT  500 training cert. later on in the year with the same retreat but located out of New York.  If you would like to contribute to my furthering education, please send a donation in any amount that you can via PayPal.com.  No account is needed.  Just add in the instruction line "for further education". Even if all you have is a few cents, that is a few cents more than what I started off with.  Toiletries for my trip can be dropped off at the studio.

When I started this path of yoga, there were a few that thought I wasn't serious.  They told me and surely made me feel like I didn't belong.  I wasn't good enough or as bendy as the rest.  But with a Grinch's smile (you know the kind.  I'm sure you've come across this personality in your life experiences) my payments were taken but I was forsaken and even given dirty looks  a time or two.  That is how resolved I was and still am to continue to practice and be a learning student of  Yoga.  Even if I have to do it alone. I will never abandon Yoga nor anyone who wishes to learn it.  I am here to tell you that I am not here for the money of it.  Although, it takes money to make a living and I can't eat with out a minimal cash flow.  I am  not here because it's the next coolest thing on the market.  I am here for the health of me.  If I can convince a few on my way that this is the best option for them, then AWESOME!  But, I am here to learn and hopefully be given the oppurtunity to share what I have learned.  I am by no means even close to being the greastest teacher, either.  U am working on being the greatest student of this life long practice and study.  I have the passion to share and to see others succeed in whatever it is they decided to do with their lives.  Everyone that has taken my classes knows that I share all that I have learned with love and enthusiasm.  Can I get into all of those crazy pretzel bending poses?  Absolutely not.  My body type and long term injuries that I am still dealing with will not allow me to do many things.  I know my limitations.  But I can help you get to where you'd like to be.    So for the month of May and then for the month of August I will be away working on my skills to be better able to help and teach you.  I do this out of love for my brothers and sisters.  You know who you are.  
My goal is to have my RYT ~ 500 by the end of 2014.

 

Children's Retreat Yoga Camp for Kids
July 21-25, 2014| 9am-1pm | $200.00

Elementary age kids can enjoy a week-long day camp to learn all the basic yoga positions and how to keep their growing bodies grounded.  How to stay focused on tasks at hand, how to diffuse a potential personal melt down or out break.  Weather permitted, hiking, working as teams for find they way back to 'Home Base' at Mt. Yonah.  Learning about what grows in Georgia that is safe to eat and cook with and working with others as a team to get tasks done.  Yoga is so much more than working a few muscles.  It's about being a part of a bigger picture and learning how to understand and selflessly give to those who are less fortunate.  A minimum of 10 children from the ages of 7 - 10 are suitable for this program.  A minimum of 10 children must apply for the Children's Retreat Yoga Camp week.  Meals, drinks and snacks are not provided.  Each child must bring a healthy lunch (e.g., cooked and ready to eat oatmeal for breakfast, turkey or chicken sandwiches with spinach and tomato with a fresh fruit) and water.  No other drinks will be allowed.  No children with health conditions that is not released from a physician will not be accepted.  Any medications must be given before drop off or after pick up.  La Vida Yoga and Body Works, nor it's employees will not be responsible for the distribution of medications.  All allergies and other health restrictions must be noted on the sign in application.   Please call Lisa at 678 400 7081 for more information.

 

Copyright © 2013 La Vida Yoga and Body Works, All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.